1. That feeling when you absolutely weren’t expecting to find something funny but then this huge, wonderful bubble of laughter comes out of you.
2. And when you’re laughing so hard that you can’t stop, and it starts to make other people around you laugh too.
3. When you’re with your family or a group of friends and you’re enjoying each other’s company so much that nobody gets up to go check their phone or get on the computer or suggest watching a movie – because you’re having fun from simply being together.
4. When you’re in the middle of another mundane commute to work and you pause to remember how lucky you are just to have been able to get out of bed today.
5. When someone tells you out of the blue how much your friendship means to them.
6. When you have a rare day where you’re not stressed about work, you’re not stressed about anything going on in your personal life, and you get to just live and exist today.
7. When you feel a huge tightening in your chest from the need to cry and then someone asks “are you okay?” and the sobs start coming out of you.
8. And you’re embarrassed initially to be crying this much but then later on you realize how much better and lighter you feel, and how much you needed that cry.
9. When you look out the airplane window to a city you’ve never been to before, knowing you get to land and explore it in just a few minutes.
10. When you’re feeling chilly and then the sun comes out.
11. When you show up to work thinking that it’s going to be a really stressful or awful day and it ends up being great.
12. Or even when you show up to work thinking that it’s going to be really stressful or awful but it turns out being just fine – and fine feels so okay compared to what you thought it was going to be like.
13. When you have a reunion trip with friends you haven’t seen in a really long time and everything is funny and silly and giddy.
14. And when you feel a version of yourself come out during this trip that you haven’t gotten to experience for a very long time.
15. When somebody gives you something ‘on the house’ or does something really nice for you.
16. And when you are then reminded of how such a simple act of kindness can have such a positive impact on your day.
17. And when you turn around and try to pay it forward to someone else, and remember how good it feels to do kind things for others.
18. When you have one of those mornings where just a simple cup of coffee or a hot tea makes you so excited to get out of bed.
19. When someone gives you a hug on a bad day, and you remember that even though it didn’t technically fix any problems, it still feels really nice to know you’re never alone.
Article originally posted by Thought Catalog.